Wednesday, March 18, 2015

American foods that I'd commit at least a misdemeanor for (in no particular order)



  • Shake Shack (you're whacked if you don't think the fries are excellent)
  • Pizza
  • Bagels
  • Pastrami (shouldn't have done that whole inquisition thing)
  • Italian sausage (fennel isn't really a thing here)
  • BBQ -- ribs, belly, brisket, pulled pork
  • Wendy's
  • Onion rings
  • A decent, if not greasy, Greek diner
  • General Tso's Chicken, the gloppier the better
Alright, so I'm dying for some shitty food. I will say this though: I've had pork at least one meal a day since I've arrived, sometimes three times a day and I can't complain. Alberto, the pork butcher (yes I have different butchers for different types of meat), works in El Mercado Vallhermoso next door -- his lomo, chorizo and legs of jamón iberico are off the charts. Everything is cut to order -- he fillets cuts with a wide, curved knife right in front of you on what resembles a pedestal petrified wood. I'll try to sit him down for an interview before I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment